Friday, January 10, 2014

Getting Ready—E stablishing Professional Contacts and Expanding Resources


Part I:

Initially, the steps I took to attempt to make contact with early childhood professionals were to pick countries closer to my own country.  When I was unable to do so, I simply went through the list of names until my emails went out successfully without returning to me with a failed attempt to send message.  It took me over a dozen tries before I was successful in sending my emails out. 

In my email to other EC educators, I introduced myself, gave some personal information, asked if they would consider being a part of a special assignment for my class or if they might know of someone who would consider being a part of this assignment, provided information on what the assignment entailed, asked if they had any questions for me to provide, and thanked them for considering being a part of this assignment.  I am currently waiting for a response and am not sure at this time if I will need to choose the alternate assignment. 

Part II:

I choose the Zero to Three website as my main website to explore.  I also choose National Institute for Early Education Research, which focuses on pre-school aged children.  I felt these two websites will offer me the type of information that will support my knowledge and learning more about children birth to preschool.  I think websites that are age-specific will offer more detailed and insightful information on the ages of children I want to learn more about.  I also want to learn more about the types of issues families and children encounter and suggestions for turning these challenges into stepping stones towards effectively solving issues affecting them. 

National Institute for Early Education Research
http://nieer.org/
(Newsletter: http://nieer.org/resources/newsletter/index.php )

3 comments:

  1. Jana,

    I think you made a great attempt at expanding your professional network base. It's always good to be able to gain new insights from others near and far. It definitely helps when you have additional information that you can put into perspective regarding your educational studies.

    I find the two organizations that you chose in part II of the assignment to be quite resourceful, as I have been able to gain much needed information from those sources that I was able to inccorporate in my previously studies.

    I wish you well with your contacts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jana, I used the alternative option and was able to establish a point of contact with both organizations. It sounds like you have done all the necessary steps to make yourself available. Something will come through soon.

    I’m pretty excited about this partnership I have never done anything like this before so this should be interesting. Good luck on your partnership.
    Ann


    ReplyDelete