Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Final Post for Week 8


Week 8 blog: 

 

There are at least three consequences of learning about the international early childhood field from both my personal and professional development.  One consequence is intended to learn about specific issues affecting early childhood from abroad that are different from the issues impacting my area and ways the country or community is dealing with it.  A second consequence is to learn about the same issues affecting their country and/or community and to learn about how if they are dealing with the issue efficiently or not efficiently.  A third consequence is gaining positive insights as to try new ways of supporting children in their learning. 

 

There is one goal for the field related to international awareness of issues and trends and the spirit of collegial relations.  The goal, for me, is to stay in close contact with my overseas colleagues.  I enjoyed learning about how they support their children’s growth and development.  I also found it interesting to learn that many of their concerns, especially with funding, are the same concerns my country’s early childhood professionals feel.  I enjoyed learning more about two of the programs from England and Australia and hope to continue gaining more insights from the two countries. 

5 comments:

  1. I am also excited about the prospect of staying in communication with my international contacts. It has been very rewarding for me to have had this experience. I have enjoyed reading your posts. All the best, as you continue on your path to program completion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, this resonates with me as well. I also want to stay in touch with my international connections. I have learned a lot. This has been a wonderful opportunity for us to learn about international childcare systems while broaden our awareness of different trends and issues.

    Best Wishes on your educational journey!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana, I think it is great that you stay in contact with your international connections. This can provide you with a plethora is diversity that can be integrated into your classroom, or future classroom. Despite my inability to connect with an international connections, I will continue to research about early care abroad and infiltrate my knowledge gained into my classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana,
    Gathering an understanding about what's going on in ECE in other countries definitely gives you insight about what you can do to make change here in the United States. I wish you all the best in this program and hope that you will continue your efforts to make a difference both locally and internationally.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jana,
    It is quite interesting that you were able to make contact with international resources. I am going to continue to try make contact with international resources. I am joined interaction with you these last eight weeks. Hopeful we will be in the next class and have a bless endeavor.

    ReplyDelete