Sunday, April 19, 2015

Time Well Spent


                                                    
 
 
     As we near the end of this journey to begin another, I have at least three deeply felt learnings from this program.  One learning I have felt is the importance of knowing yourself and to have ongoing self-reflections in order to better serve young children and their families.  A second learning I have felt is the importance of being aware of the issues and trends affecting the early childhood field.  This awareness will help guide important decisions on the best ways to become advocates within the early childhood field.  A third learning I have felt is to become a great leader by listening to others, valuing diversity, and being open-minded to changes in order to reach the most beneficial outcome for children and their families. 
 
                                     

     One long term goal I have for myself within the early childhood field is to focus on one issue affecting early childhood and to begin working on resolving that issue by taking one step at a time and working with others until the challenge or issue is resolved or lessened. 
 
                                                                  
                                              

 
     I would like to thank Dr. Embree for all her encouragement, insight, and support throughout this class!  I am thankful for your countless effort in pushing me to further my thinking and expand my knowledge regarding the early childhood field! Additionally, I would also like to thank my colleagues for sharing their personal and professional lives throughout this course as well as all of your encouragement and support of my education and learning!  I wish Dr. Embree continued success as a valuable educator to Walden University and to my colleagues I wish continued success and contributions in the early childhood field with your future endeavors!  Best wishes to all! 
    Respectfully,
        Jana
 
                                                                         Quotes ~
“Free the child’s potential, and you will transform him into the world.”
- Maria Montessori
“If you’re going to equalize the academic playing field, you’ve got to get the kids in early childhood programs.”
- Paul Vallas quotes
“Laurence Houseman once said, ‘A saint is one who makes goodness attractive.’ Surely, a great teacher does the same thing for education.”
- John Trimble
“Good teaching is one-fourth preparation and three-fourths pure theatre.”
- Gail Godwin
 “If you think education is expensive, try ignorance!”
- Andy McIntyre
“The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.”
- Malcolm Forbes
 
                                                 
My contact information is janajohnston3@yahoo.com
 
 

 

 

 
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Hello Jana,
    It is very important to know yourself to better help those around and keep the confidence within yourself strong as well. People love to follow a leader who is confident. This has been a great course and we have had the opportunity to learn from each other and help each other grow stronger within this field. I encourage you to keep working on resolving the many issues that evolve in early childhood and find people who share the same goals so that diversely these issues will be handled successfully. Jana thank you as well for your support, sharing and encouraging words. I wish you nothing but the best on your quest toward success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jana,
    It was such a pleasure getting to know you over the course of these last eight weeks. I have really enjoyed reading your work and hearing your ideas. I wish you much success in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jana,
    It has been a pleasure working with you in this course and I wish you success on journey to a new phase in your career. We have been blessed with great educational knowledge and equipped to put our passion to work in a great field.

    Best Regards,
    TP

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana,
    I too agree that having an awareness of issues and trends in early childhood education will carry you far and help as you continue to grow. I have enjoyed your insights and contributions to this class we have been on this journey together from the beginning. I wish you nothing but the best as you continue your career and hope that you continue your passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jana, I really enjoyed reading your posts and your quotes about education. It is clear that you are truly dedicated to making a change in early childhood education. I also agree with you that you must focus on one issue at a time to make early childhood education better for all children. You passion for children has been very inspiring and I have learned from you throughout the course. Good luck in you future career and thank you for everything you do for children.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jana,
    Thank you for your informative insights and ideas. I have valued following your posts and your personal comments on my posts. You are an inspiring educator and I know that you will be a valuable advocate for the well-being of children and families. Good Luck with your future endeavors and your continued professional growth in the early childhood field!
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jana

    I enjoyed reading your post, thank you for all of your support...it has been a wonderful journey, and I wish you all the best in your future accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jana,
    It is a great goal to work on one challenge you feel is affecting the early childhood field. I think you will go far with resolving issues within the field. I love the quotes you chose.
    Thank you for all sharing and all your thoughts and insights throughout this course
    All the best,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete