Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Professional Hopes and Goals


Week 8:  Professional Hopes and Goals
 
Considering my understanding of diversity, I hope to learn more about others and have a better understanding of their own view of themselves.  My goal is to dispel any assumptions or biases I may have of others and to be a better listener in order to meet the needs of others to learn their wants and needs.  I think it is very important to personally and professionally make it a life-long goal to continue to learn about people and how they view themselves.  In doing so, I would be better equipped in meeting their needs as well as establishing an effective partnership with families and children.  I also feel an equitable teacher makes an honest effort to continually reflect on his/her own personal beliefs and to dispel any biases or assumptions made about others, even if the aforementioned is met with good intentions.  I appreciate my colleagues support in sharing their personal stories of struggles with –isms and ways they have overcome their own biases and discrimination issues.  I also appreciate their value and respect of my own culture and diversity.  Thank you, everyone!  I hope your journeys are long and fruitful!   

No comments:

Post a Comment